Summer is finally here and the Fourth of July is just around the corner! What will you be serving up for some holiday fun? Try these drinks for a refreshing holiday celebration.
Courtesy of MixThatDrink
1 oz Marshmallow flavored vodka
1 oz Blue Curacao
1. Pour the vodka into a chilled martini glass. Drop a maraschino cherry in and let fall to the bottom.
2. Place a spoon in the glass just above the vodka and slowly pour in the blue curaçao to create a new layer. The end result will be three beautiful layers – red, white and blue with a flavor of orange, cherry and hint of vanilla.
1oz Watermelon schnapps
1 big splash Cranberry juice
1 thin slice Jalapeño or serrano pepper
1 slice Lemon
1 slice Lime
1-1/2 oz Tequila
1/4 oz Blue Curaçao
1/2 oz Simple syrup
Watermelon wedge for garnish
1. Mix the schnapps and cranberry juice in shaker. Pour into an ice-filled glass.
2. Muddle the pepper, lemon, lime, tequila, blue curaçao and simple syrup in shaker. For a full batch, dissolve sugar in equal parts hot water and chill.
3. Slowly strain into the glass over schnapps and cranberry juice layer.
4. Garnish with watermelon.
2 parts Irish whiskey
1 part Apricot brandy
1 part Cranberry juice
2 parts Champagne
1 slice Lemon
To serve as cocktail: 1. Build all ingredients over ice in a stemless red wine glass. Garnish with lemon.
To serve as punch: 1. Double the recipe and multiply by number of guests you plan to serve. Add whiskey, brandy and cranberry juice to punch bowl. Stir and refrigerate.
2. Before serving, add champagne and lemon. Serve over ice.
eNews June 2014