The brand new Bright Idea Contest invites caterers and event planners to share their next big concept or proposal for a product or service that benefits the industry. This is your chance to pitch your innovative idea for the catering and events industry – the sky’s the limit!
CONTEST IS VALID ONLY TO RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES (EXCLUDING PUERTO RICO) AND CANADA (EXCLUDING QUEBEC). Bright Idea Contest (the “Contest”) is sponsored by UBM Catersource LLC with offices at 600 Community Drive, Manhasset, NY 11030 (“UBM” or “Sponsor”). The Contest is governed by these Official Rules, as well as the laws of the State of New York and applicable United States federal law, without regard to any conflicts of laws principles. Void where prohibited.
1) Contestants receive one complimentary ticket to the Monday Trendsetters luncheon, featuring the Bright Idea Contest. Any additional team members who wish to be present must purchase a ticket to the lunch for $69 each.
2) All contestants must be attendees of the 2015 Conference. Vendors are not eligible to participate in this contest.
3) Entries MUST be the original idea of the contestant or participating company; forged work will be disqualified.
4) You may enter up to two displays in the contest; one form must be filled out per entry. Ideas should reflect products, services or concepts that benefit the catering and events industry. Tangible ideas are not necessary, but presenters should be able to convey their ideas in a manner that is easy for the audience to understand (ie, video demonstrations, images, drawings, etc).
4) You will be provided with a 4 ft table space to display your idea. Any concept over 12 ft tall or 4 ft wide will not be allowed on the display table, but should instead be represented with images, video or drawings.
5) Use of pyrotechnics, open flame or hazardous materials is strictly forbidden.
6) The contest will be held in the Octavius Ballroom at Caesars Please. Please arrive at between 8:00am-12pm. Your workstation will be assigned at that time. Attendees will be allowed to enter the room at 12:30pm and your entry should be ready for viewing and discussion at that time.
7) The finished presentations will be judged by attendees on innovation, creativity and practicality to determine the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners (the “Winners”). Voting ballots will be counted by an independent panel to determine the Winners.
8) Entries will be available for viewing and judging for the duration of the event. Contestants agree to allow attendees to photograph and/or video their displays. Catersource and Event Solutions are given permission to use photos and/or video of the displays in Catersource and/or Event Solutions products and marketing.
PRIZES (the “Prizes”):
First Place: $1250 and one (1) 2015 Catersource registration certificates.
Second Place: $1000 and one (1) 2015 Catersource registration certificates.
Third Place: $750 and one (1) 2015 Catersource registration certificates.
*In the event of a tie, prizes will be split between Winners.
Catersource and Event Solutions may adjust these rules at any time with notice to contestants. Please contact the Catersource office (612.870.7727) with any questions. Space for this contest is limited to 20 contestants, so enter early!
This contest is open to residents ofthe 50 United States (excluding Puerto Rico), the District of Columbia and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are 18 years of age or older. Void where prohibited by law. All winners will be required to execute an affidavit swearing to compliance with these eligibility requirements. If you reside outside the U.S. or Canada, you may submit entries, but you are not eligible to win any awards; however, UBM reserves the right to post your entry in a showcase if in its sole discretion it deems worthy of showcasing. Employees of UBM, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, agencies and assigns, and their immediate family members (spouse and parents, children and siblings, and their spouses) as well as individuals living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate. The contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and provincial laws and regulations.
Winner will be required to: (1) provide his or her full mailing address for the purpose of receiving the prize(s), which address must be within the 50 United States (excluding Puerto Rico) or Canada (excluding Quebec); (2) sign and return a release of liability, declaration of eligibility, and, where lawful, a publicity release, upon Sponsor’s request; (3) verify his or her social security number or other taxpayer identification number; and (4) take possession of the prize(s) in the manner specified by Sponsor. In addition, selected Canadian entrants must first correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill testing question administered by telephone in order to
claim a prize. If the above requirements are not met, the prize(s) may be awarded to a replacement winner. The replacement winner will need to satisfy all of the requirements of these Official Rules. This process will be repeated until the prize(s) are awarded in full.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant that Sponsor determine: (1) has tampered with the entry process or the operation of the contest; (2) has acted in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with the intent to annoy or harass Sponsor or any other person or entity; (3) has not satisfied all of the requirements for entry in the contest; or (4) to be otherwise ineligible under, or otherwise in violation of, these Official Rules. Any attempt by an entrant to commit any of the above acts of misconduct may be a violation of civil or criminal law and Sponsor reserve the right to seek damages from such entrant to the fullest extent permitted by law.
LIABILITY/TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
By entering the contest you agree to participate at your own risk. By entering, each entrant releases and holds harmless Sponsor, any manufacturer or supplier of any prize, any other persons or entities involved in the contest, each of its and their respective parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and each of its and their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents, from any responsibility or liability whatsoever arising out of or resulting from: (1) entry or participation in the contest; (2) the acceptance, possession, or use of any prize; (3) any violation by such entrant of these Official Rules or applicable laws; (4) any incorrect or inaccurate entry of information
including, but not limited to as a result of technical malfunctions, human error, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failures of any telephone network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof; (5) entry materials that have been tampered with, or entries that are illegible, late, lost, damaged, postage due or misdirected; (6) any injury or damage to participants or any other person or property to or resulting from participation or downloading any material in connection with the contest; and (7) any conditions arising from events beyond Sponsor’ reasonable control. By entering the Contest you acknowledge that
you have the right to enter your photograph in the Contest (including, but not limited to, ownership of the photograph and the express permission of any individuals included in your photograph) and you assume all liability arising from your actions.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, NEITHER SPONSOR NOR ANY OF THE AFOREMENTIONED PARTIES SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE CONTEST, HOWSOEVER CAUSED, WHETHER ARISING IN STATUTE, TORT, CONTRACT, OR OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH PARTY WAS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, AND ALL SUCH DAMAGES ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED AND EXCLUDED.
By entering, each entrant grants to Sponsor the right to use and publish such entrant’s name, state of residence, and any other information in any winning entry both online and in print, in connection with the contest, without additional compensation, except to the extent prohibited by law. In addition, by entering, each entrant consents to the use of their names and likeness for advertising and/or promotional and/or marketing purposes without additional compensation. (A Tennessee resident consents to the use of his name and likeness only if such Tennessee resident expressly consents to such use.) Sponsor reserve the right to use any information provided by
entrants in connection with the Contest in any manner permitted by these Official Rules.
Sponsor reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest at any time for any reason, including but not limited to any reason that affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the contest. Such reasons included but are not limited to fraud, tampering, unauthorized access, infections by computer virus, bugs, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor. In the event that Sponsor terminates the Contest before all Prizes areawarded, Sponsor shall award all Prizes earned up to the effective date and time of termination and no other Prizes will be awarded.
Nothing contained in these Official Rules or in any of the Contest materials should be construed as an endorsement by Sponsor of any prize manufacturers or suppliers or other third party, product, or service.